Monday, September 15, 2014

Guilty as 'charged'

I am not a shopaholic. I don't shop at will or when I don't have enough money to last the month or when I am in a store helping someone else shop.

I shop when in need. 

The process of shopping is strenuously very psychological. I hate paying for things that I do not intend on using. So, when I am attracted to something,  I imagine myself in them. This mental calculation has two outcomes and the one that convinces me that the product is worth the price, wins. I do not splurge on clothes that are over priced, not always. Sometimes, very rarely, I fall in love. Blindly, I lust a pair of shoes or a dress or a skirt. I can count the number of times this has happened in my entire life.

1. The royal blue salwar khameez from Kumaran Silks that I bought for my cousin's wedding. Trust me, a thousand rupees used to be a lot of money.

2. The silk saree from Varadaram's that I bought for my mom and me.

3. The Banaras saree bought for my brother's wedding from Kalaniketan.

4. The Mokshaa saree bought for my college symposium.

I can assure you that I will keep them all safely forever and ever.

The last two consecutive weekends saw me spending 400 bucks totally. I am feeling happy and guilty at the same time and this post is my idea of keeping things on check. I swore not to buy anything for the next three months and I hope to stick to the oath.

Wish me luck!. Because, window shopping is fun and in my case it almost always leads to the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Purugespettai tales - 2 Lunch time

You should know that my grandparents was not very rich. But they had enough to ensure that their kids ate healthy. It still amazes me but d...